The design, development and validation of a complete in wheel motor assembly prototype (electric motor, power electronics, reduction gear, structural parts and wheel), based on a McPherson corner suspension topology, to meet the defined car top level specifications (*)
- Motor efficiency map improvement based on real representative driving cycle (mix of USA-FTP75 – USA Highway – NEDC, total 100 Km) not on peak efficiency
- Air cooling, integration simplicity. Air cooling is a very challenging target, and offers market penetration competitive advantages
- Power electronics integrated in the motor cover with cooling capabilities
- Rotor. Polymeric composite with assembled magnets able to withstand high rotation velocity.
- Effective integration of gearbox oil circuit to remove heat generated in the motor stator.